Friday, September 2, 2011

The Daring Young Gal On The Flying Trapeze

Well the summer season for Caroline Calouche and Company has come to an end and the fall semester has begun. 


Instead of just taking an aerial silk class this semester I have decided to also take a Mixed Apparatus class. In the Mixed Apparatus class the piece of equipment you train on changes each month. This month we are training on trapeze and sling


A trapeze is a horizontal bar hanging between two ropes (usually high in the air) and left to swing freely.
A sling is made of the same material the aerial silks are made from but instead of it being two open silks its one piece.


I was a little shocked by all the stuff we learned yesterday. We learned a lot of moves and it was only the first day. We learned how to flip ourselves over the trapeze. We learned how to hang by both knees and then by one knee at a time. We learned how to keep the trapeze moving. We learned a move called amazon hip key where you hold the rope in one hand and the bar in the other then lower your butt down past the bar. You get the idea we learned tons of stuff.


Colton (my instructor) informed me that I would probably have bruises after class. Boy he wasn't joking!! The backs of my knees are black and blue. My tummy is completely covered in bruises. I have bruises EVERYWHERE! 


You know I wasn't too excited when I learned that we where going to be training on trapeze this month. But after yesterday I am hooked! I am ready for next week! Like they say, No Pain, No Gain!


--Ali

No comments:

Post a Comment