Friday, June 15, 2012

Oh Canada!

On my adventure with Circus Spectacular, I journeyed to the distant land of Canada. On the Canadian part of the tour we performed in tiny hockey arenas and were only in towns for one day. Different town every day. The roads were really bad. They were bumpy and small. The drive to Norway House was really bad. We had to take a ferry to get there. Norway house was by far the smallest town we played.
   In Canada I was working concessions. I'd get up every morning and load in the equipment, popcorn machine, snowkone machines, cotton candy machine etc. After that I'd help cook hot dogs and pop popcorn. I learned how to spin cotton candy candy. A few injuries later I got really good at it. During the show I'd sell. After the show we would clean and load everything up and start all over again the next day.
  For the Canadian run of the tour Cindy brought in a few new acts. The X metal riders were one of those acts. The BMX guys were great. They were fun and full of energy. The Globe guys were also great! Leroy was especially entertaining.
Canada was a great experience. Even though it was hard, we still managed to have a lot of fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment